With Product Experience Manager (EP PXM), you can create and manage bundles. A bundle is a purchasable product, comprising of two or more products that you want to sell together. For example, a consumer electronics and video game company, Playtend Games can sell a Playtend video game console as a bundle that includes the console, controller, and game. The price of the bundle might be different from the total of the individual products. A bundle must contain at least two items, either the same items or different items.
You must not assign a product to a bundle if the product is in draft status as this invalidates the bundle.
You can have:
- Dynamic bundles. Dynamic bundles allow your shoppers to choose their own options in a bundle. See Dynamic Bundles.
- Bundles of bundles. Your bundle consists of child bundles. See Bundles of Bundles.
Bundle Components and Options
You can create multiple components within a bundle. Each component must have at least one or more options. Each option is a product and a quantity.
You cannot have more than 1500 options in a bundle.
For example, Playtend Games can create a bundle where the total bundle price is calculated based on the options that the buyers choose. Shoppers can select a base console option, two games options, and a controller option as in the following example:
Select one of the following options in the gaming console component:
- Gaming Console 512 MB Storage. Regular price is $500, selling for $475.
- Gaming Console 1 GB Storage. Regular price is $750, selling for $725.
Select one of the following options in the game component:
- Playtend Roboselect Game, selling for $50
- Playtend Burndown Game, selling for $45
- Playtend Invaders Game, selling for $50
- Playtend Doomsday Game, selling for $35
- Playtend Happyday Game, selling for $35
- Playtend Birthday Game, selling for $40
Select one of the following options in the controllers component:
- Red Controller, selling for $40
- Blue Controller, selling for $40
- Green Controller, selling for $40
- Invaders Controller, selling for $75
If the shopper chooses the following options for their bundle, the total is $885:
- Gaming Console 1 GB Storage ($725)
- Playtend Burndown Game ($45)
- Playtend Birthday Game ($40)
- Invaders Controller ($75)
Bundles can have:
- Fixed pricing - enables you to assign a fixed price for all products in a bundle.
- Automatic/cumulative pricing - the price of a bundle is generated automatically based on the sum of the component products.
For more information, see Bundle Pricing.
You can create bundles using: