Creating Flows in Commerce Manager
With flows, you can extend an existing resource or create a new resource. You can also use to create simple custom fields for existing resources or complex collections of fields and data. You can create useful resources for your customers, such as a want list, or blogs for your store.
For more information about using flows in commerce cloud, see the Custom Data (Flows) section.
Do not create EP PXM flows in SYSTEM > Flows. Use Product Experience Manager > Configurations > Templates page to create EP PXM flow. However, all flows in the store are displayed in the SYSTEM > Flows page where the template flows are labelled with a prefix
PCM. We recommend not to update template flows in this page.
Go to System > Flows.
All flows available in the store are displayed, if any.
Click New flow.
The Create New Flow window is displayed.
In the Name field, enter a name for the flow.
In the Slug field, enter a slug.
By default, the name is used as the slug.
In the Description field, enter a description for the flow.
To enable the flow, select Enabled.
The new flow is added to the list of flows available in the store. All flows are displayed under the FLOWS header in the sidebar. You can also click Store > Flows in the sidebar and view all flows.
Adding fields to a flow
To add field to a flow, in the Flows page, select the flow.
A window with the details of the flow is displayed.
Click +New Field.
In Field Type, select one of the following:
- Relationship A relationship type specifies the relationship between the flow and a Commerce Cloud resource, such as products. You can have several relationships in a flow.
Enter the following common settings:
- Name: Specifies the name of the field.
- Slug: Specifies a unique slug identifier for the field.
- Description: Specifies a description for this field.
- Required Field: Specifies whether the field is required. Choose Yes or No. Select No if the Field Type is Relationship.
- Default Value: Specifies a default value for the field if no value is provided and the field is required.
- Order: Specifies the order in which this field is returned relative to the rest of the flow fields. Use a number.
In the Validation field, enter the valid input options for the field:
Field type Validation description Boolean No validation required. Float, Enter a range of valid values. Optionally, you can add a list of valid values. Integer Enter a range of valid integer values. Optionally, you can add a list of valid values. String Select a valid value for the field, such as email, slug, or uuid, or enter a list of valid string options. Date Enter a date that matches the standard date format described previously. You can also list valid dates. Relationship Select One to One as the relationship type, and select the Resource. The Resource can be one of Products, Brands, Collections, Categories, Customers, Orders, or Promotions resources.
You can delete a field by clicking the delete icon in the field listing.
Adding values to fields
- In the sidebar menu, go to FLOWS and click the flow name.
All field names in the flow are displayed.
- Click New Entry and enter values for the fields as required.
You cannot add attributes for EP PXM template flows in this page. Use the Product Experience Manager > Configurations > Attributes page to add attributes in a EP PXM template.
Updating Flow Settings
- Go to System > Flows.
- To edit a flow, click the flow.
- In the Fields window, click Flow Settings.
- In the Flow Settings window, update the settings as required.
- Click Save.
- Go to System > Flows.
- To delete a flow, click the flow.
- In the Fields window, click Delete Flow.
- When prompted to confirm the delete action, click Delete.
Sorting and Filtering Flows
You can sort the flow list by Name, Slug, Description or Status.
You can filter the list to show only Enabled or Disabled flows.
- Creating a Custom Flow